Sunday 3 August 2014

The American in Ieland!

Last post I talked about going to Scotland to see Cecily who I met in Peru. As well as meeting Cecily, I also met other lovely people in Peru - Peruvians as well as other nationalities such as American. One of these Americans who I met through my church in Arequipa came over to visit Ireland at the end of May and came to stay with us.

This is Ivana and myself obviously! Ivana and I met in Arequipa in February/March 2013 and we last saw each other around April/May 2013 when she left Peru to go back to America, but we did keep in touch via facebook. So when she said she was coming to UK and to visit Ireland I said come stay with us, and it was great seeing her again - not just because she brought me two big backs of peanut butter m&m's to which I am addicted!

Normally Ireland is wet and cold but that weekend Ivana was over the sun shone. We sent her to Belfast by herself on the Friday to do touristy stuff there and on Friday night we cheered on Peru when they were playing football against England at Wembley. Unfortunately England won!

On the Saturday my Dad and I took Ivana to the North Coast - we went to the Giant's Causeway (cannot count how many times I have been there, but it never gets boring - love the hexagons).





And we introduced Ivana to the Northern Ireland delicacy of Pooh Bear Ice Cream (Honeycomb Ice Cream) which she loved, and yes it was Maud's.

In the afternoon Ivana and Dad went off to the Carrick a rede rope bridge and left me at home to rest - could not have walked the distance to the bridge from the car park. They enjoyed themselves and I rested do that was good. Then we went home via Portstewart.

When we arrived home Mum had cooked us a lovely Ulster Fry - another Irish delicacy for Ivana to try - which consisted of eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans, soda bread, potato bread and wheaten farl - a  lovely big feed.

Ivana left on the Sunday morning as she headed back to London for one more day sight seeing there before she went back to America. Was good seeing her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment