Sunday 3 August 2014

Endurance Test!

Work - such an annoying four letter word - but something I have been struggling with since coming home from living in Peru for a year  - since Feb 2013. I think I mentioned before how I was unemployed from Feb to May 2013 then got a job from which I was made redundant from five months later at the end of September 2013. I was then job hunting from October to December 2013 - had 14 interviews throughout this two months and got rejected from 13 of them. 

Finally in December 2013 I started a job in the Northern Health and Social Care Trust but only managed to do three days before was it with a mysterious illness which now I know is MS. 

I was feeling ok to go back to work in February 2014 and got a temporary job in the NHS and have been going temp work since then - managing six weeks in Braid Valley Ballymena, six weeks in Hollywell and am now entering my 12th week in The Beeches - Ballyclare - something I am chuffed about. 

Although temping is good, the pay is rubbish and the holidays are few and far between and sick pay does not exist, so would like some security of a permanent job.

Since March I have had six interviews all within the Northern Health and Social Care Trust. 

  • The first one I did not get but was put on waiting list, however am number 12! 
  • Second one was a rejection though came second (but no waiting list)! 
  • Third one was put on waiting list.. but am number 26!! 
  • Fourth one  -did not get, interview was terrible
  • Fifth one - interview awful so frustrated and no did not get it
  • Sixth one - still waiting to hear back


And I have two more this week - feel very frustrated at times re work and health etc, but as people say focus on health its more important. And at least I have part time temporary work to go to and as I need to believe, God is in control  - he knows what he is doing and is timing is perfect.

And that I have seen over the past year - though life been hard since January - God has always been there, he has provided temp jobs when needed and other things as well. He is a faithful God and need to keep eyes focused on him and believe there is a purpose/a reason for my MS and ask him to use it for His good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment