Sunday 3 August 2014

Six Month Review

After my first appointment with my MS Neurologist he said he would see me again in three months time, and true to his word, three days after my appointment I got another appointment letter for 2nd July - but then month later this was changed to 25th June. 

So off I went to see my lovely consultant again on 25th June - my parents had booked a holiday a long time before to Cornwell so they weren't around to take me much to the annoyance of my mum - so I asked a friend to take me instead. It was important for me to have some support as support is integral to people's lives but also so she could listen and remember for me as my memory fails me at times.

We arrived at the allotted time of 10.30 but had to wait again, like I said before, my consultant is a busy man. We did not need to wait to long, we were seen after an hour which was good. 

I was nervous going in as never sure what they will say now - but it was a good appointment. I told him about how the last three months had been including the relapse and new symptoms etc. He did the usual tests for testing my reflexes etc and said I was progressing well.

That was good news - despite not feeling 100% I was progressing well. He said to keep going the way am going, doing what am doing but need to exercise as well! AHHH bad word exercise - but have been trying to do a few exercises in the house and walk as well - hard to do when fatigued but suppose sometimes you need to push through the barrier and hope that your body will not protest later on!!

In my first appointment, the consultant said he wanted me to have an MRI but still had not got it by second appointment, so reminded him again and he said yes he still wants me to have it. 

We discussed the drugs as well and I said that I had chosen two but need to decide now - and the decision was to be made between Avonex  - to read more click here and Rebif - to read more click here - he said they were both good and it was my decision - and I would be getting word from MS Nurse to start the drugs in August.

The consultant said he wanted to see me again in another three months  - which would be September. True to his word this guy.  I came out of the appointment feeling positive and with a decision to make. 



No comments:

Post a Comment