Wednesday 30 July 2014

Bonny Bonny Scotland

I have spoken a lot about my MS, so thought would tell other stories about my life which do not involve sickness. So here is my holiday time!

I needed a holiday but can't afford to go abroad so decided to go to Scotland and stay with the lovely Cecily who was a strider along with me in Peru. She lives in Skelmorie which is an hours drive away from Glasgow. I flew out on the Sunday and came back on the Wednesday and had a nice few days with Cecily and her friend Marjorie.

Cecily and Marjorie are both over 60 and were worried I would get bored with them, but I tell you, it was great fun, never met a 71 year old who is a mischievous as Marjorie is, she is just as cheeky as me (if that is possible!!) 

On the Monday we went to Millport which is a lovely wee island - Cecily asked me had I ever been there before, and I said no. However, I didn't realise I had - was there when I was little and rode along the island on the back of my Mum's bike.. but was only three so I have no memory of it all. 



It was a bit of a dreary day but I enjoyed seeing the place, though did not cycle around it this time - energy levels not up to that.  

When I was in Scotland I found a love of three things - square sausage (famous in Scotland and lovely), thins (lovely bread things which can also be bought in Northern Ireland I have since found out) and Words with Friends (a great game on the phone which I play with friends and keeps my brain going). 

It was nice to see Cecily again (had not seen her since I was back in Peru in November). but weird seeing her back on home ground...she was there for two years and only arrived back in February 2014 so she is still in the settling back process - it as good to reminisce with her and hear more stories and also getting to know her friend Marjorie who I had previously spoke to via Skype in Peru and also met briefly when she flew out to visit Cecily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment