Sunday 31 August 2014

The thrill of the auction

Those of you that know me, know I am not good with no much time on my hands as it leaves me to think too much   - and that is not always a good thing. And as I work part time I needed something to occupy me on the afternoons/evenings after I have had my wee rest.

So my friend suggested that I start an ebay shop to sell things, which would give me an interest, something to do and make some money. So I did this a week ago and its been fun so far. I used to sell stuff when I was t uni but it fizzled out over time.

I needed some things which I could sell and one of the first things I thought about was my Nintendo Games Console - NES - the original games console brought out by Nintendo in 1983. I used to love playing this when I came home from school - I was 11 when I got my first games console. It was fun - loved Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt. I became quite handy shooting those ducks with the gun. However over time I started to play it less and less and for the past 15 years its been gathering dust in the attic. 

I put it on for sale and there was some interest - it was exciting sitting watching it, count down the minutes, seeing the bids come in and then finally, it ended and the final price. I went for a price I would never have expected. Its the thrill of the auction I like too. On Friday night I went up to the attic and raided other stuff to sell. It is disappointing when things don't sell - but I still like the thrill of the auction and the last minutes waiting to see if those watching will make a bid.

If you want to check out my ebay shop, please clink on this link which will take you to my seller account. Go on, have a look and feel free to bid as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment