Tuesday 15 July 2014

Back to Work

I mentioned in a previous post that I started a new job on the 16th December and ended up having to leave on 18th December 2013 due to taking ill. I was then signed off work til beginning of February but decided not to pursue jobs or worry as God would help.

On the 31st January I got a phone-call from the recruitment agency I was with saying there was a job in the Northern Health and Social Care Trust as Information Analyst (my previous job) but this time in Braid Valley in Ballymena. It was full time but I asked if I could do it part time due to my illness and they said yes - asked me when I could start and I said how about the 10th February and they said yes - so here I was again on the job market. It felt good but also a bit scary as was not sure if I could cope with it.

I did cope with the work and enjoyed it though ended up coming home and going to bed for a sleep afterwards. I worked four weeks for 9am - 1pm and then two weeks 9am - 3pm. 

My health as doing ok, had the odd niggle and pain and was tired a lot, but thought I was getting back to normal, whatever normal may be! But this was to change on the 22nd March.

I noticed at dinner time during on the 22nd that the grip in my right hand was not great but hoped it was nothing. But later on that evening when at the cinema (for movie lovers, saw Non-Stop!) and the rest of my right hand side started to get numb and I lost sensation. On the Sunday was feeling worse and again on Monday. I still went to work on Monday but then ended up coming home ill as after a talk with the MS Nurse she said I was having a relapse. Made a doctors appointment for next day and after that visit was signed off for three weeks. So there was employment gone again.

The worst thing about this relapse was that I was meant to start a job in Holywell Hospital which would be going on from March to September, but due to this relapse the boss decided it was not a good idea as they wanted something full time and she felt I was not ready for full time. She was correct.




No comments:

Post a Comment