Tuesday 15 July 2014

Working Girl!!

As my last job finished due to my second relapse, I was again unemployed. However like before a job was just round the corner (still temping via agency but better than nothing).  I mentioned previously that I was meant to go to Holywell full time but was unable to - however the nice people did not forget about me and they offered me part time work for three weeks. I accepted and started there on my birthday -  a good birthday present I thought.

For those of you who don't know what Holywell is, it is a psychiatric hospital, so you can imagine the jokes people made to me... 'are they keeping you in' etc... funny but its sad people have to go there for those reasons. I was working on one of the computer systems doing data validation amongst other things. 

I enjoyed the job, getting to know more about the trust and meet different people. The job was initially for three weeks, 9am-1pm but apparently I was doing such a good job they kept me on for another three weeks. Very grateful to them.

As this job was ending on 16th May I was wondering what was going to happen next. But I needn't have worried, someone up above was looking out for me. During that day I received a phone call from another agency saying there was a temporary part time position available, again within the Northern Trust, in Ballyclare, 20 mins from my house. I decided to go for it and am still there eight weeks later which is a record in my jobs this year.

First job lasted 6 weeks and finished due to relapse, second job lasted six weeks and ended due to lack of work for me and now third one still going - positive progress. 

At the minute due to fatigue and pain I can only do part time hours, but am aiming to go up to full time and have applied for an had couple of interviews for full times jobs, so fingers crossed, prayers etc.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment