Wednesday 2 July 2014

Breakfasts, lunch and MRI's

Now we are into the New Year, it is 2014 - a year I thought would start off well, but started off with a wee bump in the road. But there is always a silver lining and the silver lining in my illness was that I got lots of trips to coffee shops and time spent with friends.

On New Year's Day I went off to Carnlough for afternoon coffee with Anna, who informed me that day that she loved me because the bible told her to, when I asked her where it said that, she said, it says love your enemies! She has a very good sense of humour.

Second of January it was lunch in the Crannagh near Portstewart with more good friends, then the week finished off with coffee with another friend, this time at home. The weekend saw me going to the Prayer Breakfast and then a fellow Latin Link Strider came for lunch on the Sunday.

January continued like this, people coming for lunch, coming to visit me, taking me out to coffee, taking me out for lunch and taking me out to dinner.

The third week of January was a wee bit different, there were coffee shop visits and people visiting me at home, but there was also medical trips - along came the scheduled date for my MRI - the 13th January. Off we went to the hospital in order to see whether I had a brain, well the CT already confirmed that I had! Typical of hospitals we waited 45 minutes for the MRI to take place. Finally my name was called, I was weighed and measured then had to change into a hospital gown and off I was taken to the big MRI machine. I have had an MRI before so wasn't scared about it.

In case you have never had an MRI I have included a picture of the machine for you - that is not me in it, just some random person. 
It is a very very noisy machine so you are given headphones to wear to drown out the sound. I just lay in the machine and prayed, slept and it was ok  - it was over in about 30 minutes and then that was it, off home to await the next day when we would see the neurologist and find out exactly why I had shadows on the brain, or as they came to be known jokingly as aliens on the brain. 




No comments:

Post a Comment