Thursday 2 March 2017

Musings: Biblical Songs

All of us have a song that sums us up - don't we? Have you ever wondered what songs would suit key biblical figures? Well look no further - again taken from Parminder Summon's below is a list - made me giggle. And if you know the stories of the following then you will understand why the songs match them!

Noah: 'Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head'
Joseph: 'Any Dream Will Do'
Goliath:: 'Another One Bites The Dust'
Adam and Eve: 'I Feel Free
Stephen: 'Tears in Heaven'
Esther: 'Wonderful Tonight'
Job: 'I've Got a Right to Sing the Blues''
Lazarus: 'Please Release Me'
Samson: 'Delilah'
Salome: 'I Could Have Danced All Night'
Daniel: 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight'
Joshua: 'Good Vibrations'
Peter: 'Keys to Your Love'
Esau: 'Born to be Wild'
Shadrach. Meshach and Abednego: 'Great Balls of Fire!'
Jonah: 'Gimme Shelter'
Elijah: 'Up, Up and Away'
Methuselah: 'Stayin' Alive'
Nebuchadnezzar: 'Crazy'
Judas: 'My Way'
Enoch: 'We Can Work it Out'
Jude: 'Hey Jude'
Nehemiah: 'Another Brick in the Wall'
Satan: 'Sympathy for the Devil'
Jezebel: 'Under My Thumb'
Paul: 'Losing My Religion'
Jeremiah: 'Worried Life Blues'

Can you think of any more?

No comments:

Post a Comment