Thursday 30 March 2017

Language: The Alphabet

As kids the first thing we are usually taught is the Alphabet, we all need to know our A's to Z's to help us read and write. How did you learn it, did you have a rhyme to help you?

I can't remember how I learned mine, it was 34 years ago and my memory is not that great. But I recently came across this rhyme which is entitled: "The Tragical Death of A, Apple Pie, Who was Cut in Pieces, and Eaten by Twenty-Six Gentleman, With Whom All Little People Ought to be Very Well Acquainted"

Here is the rhyme:

A was an apple pie
B bit it,
C cut it,
D dealt it,
E eats it,
F fought for it,
G got it,
H had it,
I inspected it,
J jumped for it,
K kept it,
L longed for it,
M mourned for it,
N nodded for it,
O opened it,
P peeped in it,
Q quartered it,
R ran for it,
S stole it,
T took it,
U upset it,
V viewed it,
W wanted it,
X,Y and Z all wished for 
and had a piece in hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment