Friday 27 March 2015

Flash Fiction: You told my family I was dead?

You told my family I was dead? Why would you do that? What kind of sick person would tell a joke like that?
It wasn't a joke. I thought you were dead. The last time I saw you, you were being chased by a gunman and I thought he had caught you and killed you
Or, you wish he had of killed me, that’s probably more accurate, no?
Why would I want you dead?
Because you want access to my money and you would only get that if I was dead.
No, I love you too much to want you dead
Yeah you love me so much you hired a gunman to kill me.  You got him to mug us, let you run and then chase me
I would never do that.  I told you I love you
I do not believe you. The gunman whose name is Javier, in case you didn’t know, and I had a lovely chat over a coffee in Starbucks. And he told me everything
Why would you believe a jerk like that over me, the man you married?
Why wouldn’t I? You certainly haven’t been Mr Perfect since you started your affair with Pam.
What? What? ... How? … How did you know about that?
A women always knows when their man is cheating.  I always suspected something but Pam rang me up a few weeks ago, asking to meet for a coffee and then confessed everything
Everything?
Yes everything.  All about the year affair, how you were planning to leave me, but because of all your debt and my recent windfall you thought you would have me killed instead, leaving all the money to you.
No, no she’s lying.  I would never do that

Yes, you would and you just did.  Jerk!


(299 word story dare) 

No comments:

Post a Comment