Friday 27 March 2015

What Shapes You?

I was reading Emma Scrivener's blog A New Name where she had put up a post entitled "(Some) things that have shaped me", she ended the post by asking what had shaped us, so it got me thinking about what has shaped me: 


  • Being the youngest child
  • Being  a ministers daughter
  • Being adopted
  • The joy and love of reading 
  • Psalty and his Singing Song book
  • Getting bullied
  • People's opinions of me and their words directed to me
  • Writing Poetry
  • Fear of rejection
  • Trust issues
  • Going to an all Girl's School
  • Going to University
  • My family
  • Friendships and finding true friendship 
  • Growing up in Northern Ireland - and then leaving it - then returning again
  • Sunderland
  • London
  • Peru  - the culture and the people I met there. 
  • All Souls, Langham Place and the ministerial team
  • West Church Ballymena and people's love and support for me there
  • Having Multiple Sclerosis
  • The Music of U2
  • Jesus dying on the cross for me
  • God's unconditional love for me
  • Confidence issues

What are yours?








No comments:

Post a Comment