Thursday 5 March 2015

Flash Fiction:: Saving the World

This is my attempt at a  200 words story dare with the first line “Sometimes you feel like you have just saved the world”


Sometimes you feel like you have just saved the world. Ever woken up feeling like this. I do nearly every day.  My dreams are always full of disasters and for some reason a superhero is always around when needed. It’s either Superman, Spider-man or Batman, but they are always there to help me save the day.

Last night I was in New York where a man was running riot in the middle of the streets shooting people for no reason. I tried to run away as I am not a superhero, but all of a sudden Batman showed up beside me. The next thing I knew I was all suited up and running after Batman to stop the mindless shooting.

We found the shooter and boxed him in a corner so he couldn't escape, he was yelling angrily at us, demanding to know why we were trying to stop his mission.

“Because Mr, we are vigilantes and that is what we do, save cities and people from being terrorised by people like you”

“Let me go, or I’ll shoot you”

“You wouldn’t dare shoot us I'm Batman and he’s Iron-man”


I thought “Iron-man me, maybe I'm now dreaming after all” 

No comments:

Post a Comment