Saturday 21 March 2015

MS: Things You Should NOT say to People with MS,

In December I wrote a blog entitled Things You Should Say to People with MS, now here is a blog about Things You Should NOT say to People with MS. 

  • You don't look sick
  • You Shouldn't drink diet coke or you have dunk too much diet coke (apparently the Aspartame in Diet Coke may produce MS type syndrome!)
  • You need to take more vitamins
  • You need to eat better
  • Aren't you taking your meds? (yes...) then why is your MS bothering you still? Do the meds not work?
  • Can I get MS from you?
  • When will you recover from your MS?
  • You not better yet?
  • What did you do to get MS?
  • I know someone who had MS, they climbed Mount Everest
  • I know someone who had MS, they are dead now 
  • You need to exercise more
  • You shouldn't do to much, you need to rest more 
  • So and so celebrity has MS, they seem fine
  • Don't say that you have MS as that's giving in to your illness
  • You can't possibly do that, you are ill (Let us make our own minds on what we can and can't do!)
  • Why are you always tired and yawning when you slept all night
  • You were fine yesterday, what's wrong today?
Someone told me the other day if your going to criticise someone, sandwich it between two encouragements. 

I am so thankful that I have supportive family and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment