Tuesday 24 February 2015

Flash Fiction: May I buy you a drink?

At my writers group we were asked to write a piece of dialogue starting with the line “May I buy a Drink”, and here is mine:

May I buy you a drink?
No
Why not?
Because I don’t want to drink with you
But you don’t know me
I don’t want to know you
But when you get to know me, you’ll love me
You’re sure of yourself
It is because I have my lucky red shirt on tonight
Well it’s not helping you here with me, maybe the luck has been washed out
I disagree. I think it has helped. I know you like me
What makes you think that, I refused the drink?
If you didn’t like me, you wouldn’t be sitting here talking to me, you would have left long ago. There are plenty more seats in the bar, but you’re still sitting here with me
Hmmmmm
Hmmmm, is that all you can say?
Yes, because I actually don’t know how to reply
See, I am getting to you, you do like me, and you do want to get to know me
No I don’t, you are wrong
I am not wrong, I am right
What if I do like you, what would you do?
I’d say, may I buy you a drink
Yes you may

HA! I knew it, it’s the lucky red shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment