Thursday 19 February 2015

Music: Be Still

I wrote a post recently about song lyrics that speak to me and while making my diner last night, I was listening to my ipod and it happened to be going through all the songs beginning with B.

And on came the song 'Be Still' by the Killers - the lyrics in this song are lovely,in my opinion anyway! It's all about trying to Be Still and the chorus just spoke to me:

"Don't break character
You've got a lot of heart
Is this real or just a dream
Rise up like the sun
Labor till the work is done"

I am trying to change as a person, am trying to be the me I want to me, the me I am meant to be - but in those words I feel I am being told to Be Still and let things go naturally and not be too hard on myself

"Be Still
Close your eyes
Soon enough you;ll be on your own
Steady and straight
And if they drag you through the mud
It doesn't change what's in your blood
When they knock you down"

To me they are powerful words and every time I hear them, they make me think - need to be still and just be at times.



No comments:

Post a Comment