Tuesday 24 February 2015

Flash Fiction: 199 word story dare

Here is my 199 word story dare, and it had to be written using the following words:

  • Parcel
  • Grouch
  • Buttresses
  • Joyously
  • Think


Every morning was the same, Jill woke up in a grouch. There was no talking to her and if you did you would either get a grumble, complete silence or your head eaten.  I once told her cereal was nicer tasting than my head, I got a very sharp dig in the ribs for that. So now I think before I speak to her in the morning.

However for some strange reason this morning was different, Jill was in a good mood, a joyously good mood. I was a bit puzzled and asked her if she has a temperature, was she feeling OK, because I had never seen her happy in the morning, not even the day after we got married!

Apparently Jill was in such a good mood because she was expecting a parcel, and it wasn't any old parcel which would get you and I excited, not it was buttresses!! Well that won’t be coming royal mail, too big for letter box.

No, it would be delivered by two strapping young men. Hence the excitement. No, she was excited because it meant her stone sculpture could finally be erected in the local cathedral for all to see.


(199 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment