Tuesday 24 February 2015

Flash Fiction: 99 Word Dare - The Baby was screaming again

It is hard sometimes to start a story, so I have been following prompts on twitter to help me. One of these prompts was “The Baby was screaming again” and it had to be a 99 word story. Writing to the word limit is actually quite difficult. Here is the story:



The Baby was screaming again and I just could not take it any longer. How much can a baby scream for without getting bored? Forever I reckon, that’s how long it feels this baby has been screaming for, and my ears are bleeding with the sound. 

If it was my baby would have got it settled by now, but its parents don’t seem to hear its cries. How could anyone fail to? I am sure they can her the screams in Australia, it is so freakin loud! 
Oh someone turn the baby off before I start screaming loudly myself.   



(99 Words)

No comments:

Post a Comment