Sunday 26 July 2015

TV Review: Video Game High School

One day while scrolling through Netflix I came across a series called Video Game High School.  The name intrigued me so I thought I would take a look, and I watched the first episode.

Video Game High School is a comedy show based in a High School where all they do is play and learn about video games. Sound like a good idea for a school – could go and play Candy Crush Saga all day, though technically that is not a video game.  They played shoot em ups etc.

It is a very quirky show, reminded me a bit of ‘Saved by the Bell’, a series I watched when I was growing up.  VGHS as it known to the students, is a cheesy show but I quite liked it and ended up watching all three seasons.

I would recommended it as some light hearted comic fun, especially when your brain is fired and you have no concentration.  It does make you laugh.

The main characters are Brian, Ted and Ki who all meet on the first day of school and became instant friends.  The series follows their antics in the school including Ted’s relationship with his Dad, Ki and Dad’s relationship, Brian being in love with Jenny, the captain of the video game league which Brian then becomes a part of, plus other antics. It would be hard to explain them all as they are weird and quirky. 

I suggest you watch an episode. Most of them revolve around playing video games which become real time when they are in player mode so you feel like you are in the game too.  VGHS’s main opponent is Naplam Energy High School who are out to bring down VGHS and all who attend there.

A surreal wee programme at times.


Ki, Ted, Brian and Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment