Monday 20 July 2015

Flash Fiction: A Ghostly Perspective

Prompt: Write a scene from the perspective of a ghost who is watching her husband marry another woman.

I told him it was ok if he married someone else, once the cancer had taken me home.  But now watching them both happy and standing at the altar about to say I do, it is a completely different story.

Ok, first things first, it is not him getting married that I have the issue with, it is who he is marrying that I object to.  On my death bed I told my loving husband,  “Harry, I don’t want you to be sad when I am gone, so I want you to get married again if you meet the right person.  There is one condition though, you do not under any circumstances marry HER”

“Her, who is her?” Harry replied

“You know fine rightly who ‘her’ is, you know who I am talking about, that WOMAN, the one you have been sleeping with for the past six years”

“Woman dear, you have no idea what you are talking about?”

“Oh Garry, my dear, you are a useless liar, even though I am lying on my sick bed I still know you are cheating on me.  A wife always knows”


But Harry disobeyed my order and now I am standing in the church watching him about to commit the rest of his life to THAT WOMAN! How could he do that to me?  It just feels like a complete disrespect to me and our marriage.  But you know something?  He is not going to get away with this.  While I was alive I was the bane of his life, so he said, so now in my death I will continue to be the bane of his life – Forever. Because I am going to haunt him!! Ha ha ha 

No comments:

Post a Comment