Monday 20 July 2015

Flash Fiction: The Antics of a Schoolgirl

Prompt:  Late for school, you flip off a man who ends up being your substitute gym teacher 

“Oh my Emma, you will never guess what happened to me today”
“What Gill?”
“Well, I was walking down the street from my house to school via the sweet shop as usual”
“Yeah, I know your usual routine, you just go to the shop to see Stevie, you lurveeeeee him, ha ha!
“Yeah well, that s beside the point”
“OK, OK, I am sorry. Tell me what happened to you, I am interested really”
“OK, so I was walking across the zebra crossing.  And as you do, I looked left and I looked right and made sure nothing was coming before I walked across”
“Sensible”
“Stop mocking me”
“OK OK, again I am sorry. Continue”
“Anyway, so I walked across the Zebra crossing and half way across the road a bicycle came out of nowhere nearly knocking me over”
“Flip, Gill, what did you go? Are you OK?”
“Yeah. I am fine. No injuries. The only think that got hurt was my pride because when I was knocked over and fell down Stevie was watching”
“Oops”
“Yeah, oops.  Well it’s OK really because he came over to help me get back on my feet and make sure I was OK”
“Oh progress, and oh so sweet of him.  Anyway what did you do to the cyclist, and did he stop?”
“No, he didn't stop.  He rode on but did turn his head around to assess the damage probably.  And when he did turn around, I flipped him off, gave him the bird, you know”
“Ha ha, good on you mate”
“Yes I know.  But that is not the end of my story”
“Oh what else happened?”
“Well as you know my first class on Thursday’s is gym. And when I walked into the PE hall for the class, guess who was standing there?”
“Who?”
“Only the cyclist whom I had flipped off earlier this morning”
“Oh my word Gill.  What, Who, How and Why?”
“Mrs McCann, the normal teacher is off today as she is sick, so we had a substitute, the rude cyclist man”
“Oh my, how embarrassing”
“Yes, it was embarrassing but he also looked embarrassed. Probably ashamed that he nearly knocked me down and didn't even stop to see if I was ok”
“Good, so he should be. Did he even apologise to you”?
“No”
“Did you apologise to him?”
“Heck no”

“Good on you”

No comments:

Post a Comment