Tuesday 7 April 2015

Flash Fiction: Stranded

“I am so hungry, I haven’t eaten anything for days”
“I know me too, is there absolutely no food left?”
“No, we have eaten everything that we found on the plane, all the nuts, sandwiches, drinks etc. all gone”
“What about the luggage, have we checked it all?”
“Yes, we have been through every bag, found all the food and it has been eaten”
“How can we be out of food already, It’s only been two weeks?”
“We have been here for two months”
“Really?”
“Yes, to me it feels like longer. Every day is getting harder and harder, all the fighting between everyone is getting to me”
“What do you expect when there are so many people, most of us strangers, stranded on a remote Island with no food and no hope of rescue. It’s hardly going to be all rosy”
“I know, but we are here and should be in this together to help one another”
“That should be the case but it isn’t. About the food shortage, what shall we do?”
“Have all the bodies been disposed of?”
“Not yet”
“Well there is only one thing for it”
“What?”
“They will provide the food we need”

(199 words)

199-Word dare, write a story that takes place on a remote desert island near a downed aeroplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment