Sunday 12 April 2015

Flash Fiction: Family dinner times!

“Why can’t you just set the table properly?”
“I am, I am setting it my way”
“But your way is not the right way"
“Who says what is right or wrong?”
“Convention”
“Stick convention, who cares?”
“You never do anything for others, always me, me, and me”
“Look who is talking”
“What you mean by that?”
“Well we have to cook what you want to eat, stuff others.  And it has to be cooked in your way and no one else is allowed to interfere or do anything different”
“Well if I am cooking, I should cook what I want to eat, why would I cook something I didn't like?”
“To be nice to others”
“Whatever”
“Do you think Mum wanted to cook two separate dinner each night to please you?”
“No one asked her too”
“Well what else could she do when you moaned and complained and refused to eat proper food like vegetables etc?”
“But I didn't like them”
“No, all you would eat was burgers, chips, sausages and baked beans for dinner, all the time. Why haven’t you grown out of that yet?”
“Why haven’t you grown up at all?”
“Oh Mature”
“Whatever, you are the one that needs to grow up not me”
“Don’t whatever me. I am done with this”

No comments:

Post a Comment