Monday 20 April 2015

Flash Fiction: No love lost

I have always hated that woman, she made my life a misery since the day I was born. There was never any love lost in our relationship, her heart was made of stone.  It’s sad really when you think about it, because hating me caused more problems for her than it did for me, though it did hurt lots.

Yes, she ignored me, bypassed me when handing out chocolate, forgot my birthday and denied me any Christmas cheer.  But I am still here, she is gone.

She died hating me, but in my heart she is forgiven. What good does it do me to carry on hating her? It would just eat me up and make me bitter and twisted, essentially turning me into the snow queen she was.

That’s not who I want to be or how I want to live my life.  She never showed me love, never held my hand, never sang me lullabies and never kissed me goodnight. She denied me a childhood, but now I am going to stand up, be me and turn all that hate into love.  I want to be remembered for the good and not the bad like she is.



(199 word – I have always hated that woman…..)

No comments:

Post a Comment