Saturday 2 April 2016

Faith & Writing: The Story of Adoption

Ok, so this post combines my writing and my faith and my real life as well.  It is a story I wrote a few years ago but cannot remember the reason why I wrote it, but I came across it tonight and thought would share it on my blog:


Once upon a time there was a mummy and a daddy who only had one little daughter and they really wanted another baby but unfortunately could not have any of their own. So they prayed and asked God to help them find a brother or sister for Christine (that was the little girl’s name). They put their name on a big list and then they had to WAIT!

After two years of waiting patiently, the mummy and daddy got a phone call one day with the exciting news that there was a baby girl and they had to go and see her. The mummy, daddy and Christine were very happy and they could hardly wait until the next day. The next afternoon they all went to see the little girl and in an instant they knew she was the one for them. Christine just loved the little girl so much that she wanted to take her home there and then, so it was arranged that they would be able to have her the very next day!

So the next day the little girl and her social worker set off on a journey that was going to change her life – She was going to her new home, where she would be loved, cared for and treated as one of the family. No more foster homes for her. When she arrived her Grannies and Granda were there to welcome her too It was like a party! They decided to call her Jo Anne. Maybe you have guessed my secret

 I WAS THAT LITTLE GIRL I can’t remember it all I was a tiny baby but I’ve been told the story many times

I loved my new family, but it was my new mummy that I was attached to the most; I was so frightened that she would leave me. Every time mum left the room I screamed so she had to do all her housework with me beside her. She says I wasn’t a very good helper! This lasted for a few months, until I realised my new mum would never leave me as she loved me very much. My Mum and Dad went to court to make me their very own daughter. Nobody could ever take that away from me!

So I was adopted into a new family when I was 6 months old, and when I was 17 I was also adopted into another family, and that was God’s family.

My adopted family were Christians and at home and every Sunday at Sunday School and Church I heard about Jesus and the different stories in the Bible starting with Adam and Eve right through the old testament and then the new testament and how Jesus was born, grew up and died and rose again for us.

All these stories told me of God’s love for us and how if you give your life to God and have a relationship with him, trust in him, read the bible, talk to him in prayer and be obedient to the bible, then he will live in your heart and be with you everyday and then take you to heaven.

When I was 17 I decided that I wanted God to be a part of my life, so I asked him into my heart and began to live my life as a Christian. When I did this, I was adopted again into God’s family and became a part of the Christian family.


So when I was adopted into the Kennedy family, I became their child and when I became a Christian and asked Jesus into my life, I was adopted into his family and became a Child of God. God is my father now and just as it was with my earthly family He loves me and nobody can take me away from Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment