Thursday 17 March 2016

Life: The Here and Now

At the minute I feel lost.  I have had months of being more or less content with life and having peace and joy in my heart.  I enjoy my job - though it could be more challenging for me, I have good friends and a good family.  I have a Christian Community around me. I have had joy.

However the past few days I feel the joy has taken a side step and I feel lost.  My job is nearly at an end – am covering maternity leave – my finances are not great and I have had a few health issues and my anxiety seems to be taking over.

I know that there is no point in worrying as that can make me worse and I should take all my concerns to God. I do take my concerns to God, I ask him to deal with them as I cannot.  However, I am also good at taking my worries and concerns back the very next day.

It is hard to see a way forward at the minute and I know the only thing to do is pray God will reveal his plans to me one step at a time.  All I have to do is follow and trust in Him.  God has always provided jobs for me in the past when I needed them, he has never left me stranded.  But uncertainties still cast a shadow over life.

I know I need to hold onto to the truth and obey what is in God’s word.  As it says in Philippians 4 v 6 “Don’t worry about anything, instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done”


That last bit is very very important – we mustn't focus on what we do not have but be thankful for what we do have. Focus on what we have got and not what we do not have. Focus on the positives and not the negatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment