Thursday 28 April 2016

Writing: Insults - Shakespeare Style!

Today I found another cool writing prompt which was inspired by Shakespearean insults - Shakespeare’s insults, put downs and cussing were second to none, and with his insults Shakespeare was most certainly a master of his trade! Some of his insults were:

·         Shakespeare Insult 1 – The Two Gentlemen of Verona
o   “Thou subtle, perjur’d, false, disloyal man!”
·         Shakespeare Insult 2 – As You Like It
o   “Thou art like a toad; ugly and venomous.”
·         Shakespeare Insult 3 – The Tempest
o   “Thine forward voice, now, is to speak well of thine friend; thine backward voice is to utter foul speeches and to detract.”
·         Shakespeare Insult 4 – Measure For Measure
o   “Thou art a flesh-monger, a fool and a coward.”

Anyway the prompt was to write down 20 of the most scathing insults you can come up with – but I decided to do ones which aren’t too bad and some that were from playground times:

1.       Your face looks like a wet weekend!
2.       I’ve seen decomposed bodies that were prettier than you!
3.       You keep talking and I’ll keep shovelling!
4.       My ma’s your da!
5.       Are you always this stupid or are you making a special effort today
6.       Whatever Minger, McDonald’s Worker!!
7.       You’re dead from the neck up!
8.       Munter
9.       Bite me!
10.   You make a better door than a window!
11.   You may be a pain but your not a pane of glass!
12.   You are a sad strange little man, and you have my pity.
13.   I wouldn’t touch you with a barge pole!
14.   Even if you were the last person on earth I wouldn’t go out with you
15.   Pizza face!
16.   Your dad is the milkman!
17.   I don’t care what people say about you, I think you are cool!
18.   I don't exactly hate you, but if you were on fire and I had water, I'd drink it.
19.   It's better to let someone think you are an Idiot than to open your mouth and prove it.

20.   You belong in the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment