Sunday 27 September 2015

Flash Fiction: Twisting Words

“That’s not what I said, why do you always do this, twist everything I say and take the negatives and not the positives of what I am telling you”
“But you said you didn't want to be my friend”
“I did not say that, my exact words were, I need space. I need a personal life.  I want to be friends but I can’t do it this way, it’s painful”
“So you are walking away? Everyone walks away from me at some point”
“NO, I AM NOT WALKING AWAY.  Flip you exhaust me.  I am still here for you, just not as much as before. Do you understand that?”
“OK”
“OK what? Do you understand?”
“Yes I understand. I push people away and no one wants to be my friend”
“You are so blinking frustrating and its comments like that which sends people away. I am trying to still be here for you but you are driving me to the limits. I can’t take much any more”
“I am sorry. I am a failure”
“Stop twisting things and stop being so negative. People love you, I love you, accept that”
“OK, I will try”
“I do love you. I do care about you. I always will. I am not walking away from you. I am here for you, but I need space”
“OK”
“OK.  You do have friends but things can’t always be how you want them to be.  You need to try and be more content in your own self and accept things the way they are.  You can’t change your circumstances but you can change how you behave in them”
“OK. I am and have been trying to be all this”
“I know, and keep going. You are doing well. One day at a time”

“One day at a time”

No comments:

Post a Comment