Friday 4 September 2015

Flash Fiction: Hole in a Bucket

“What do you mean there is a hole in the bucket?”
“It means exactly what it means, there is a hole in the bucket.”
“Dear Liza, Dear Liza!”
“What?”
“Well it reminded me of the song so thought would finish the line off, dear Henry!”
“Hardy ha ha”
“Okay, seriously, what’s going on?”
“You know the bucket that we have been using to carry the finished beer we have been brewing, over to the kitchen to put the finished product into bottles?”
“Yeah!”
“Well there is a hole in the bucket, so every time we have carried the beer in the bucket from the garage to the kitchen via the living room, it has been leaking out of the hole in the bottom of the bucket”
“So?”
“Well the living room carpet is now completely stained with the beer”
“WHAT? My mum will kill me, what do I do? What do we do now?”
“Well we could fix it, dear Henry, fix it!”
“ENOUGH WITH THE SONG”
“Okay okay man, chill out am just having a laugh”
“Well this is not a funny situation, nothing to laugh at here, my Mum will kill me”
“You started it!”
“Well now I am finishing it, because this is serious stuff now.  My Mum will freak out when she sees what we have done to her carpet.  She will either ground me for life, or worse, kill me!  What do we do?”
“What about the smell of the alcohol?”
“I know! What do we do?”
“Well I don’t know what you are going to go, but I know what I am going to do. I am out of here.  Bye Bye!
“Some friend you are”
“I am your friend, it’s just your mum scares me too”
“You wuss”
“What you mean I am a wuss, you are the run who has been running around going, ahhh what will I do, my Mum’s going to kill me”
“Oi, don’t mimic me. But it is true, she probably will kill me. We need to get it cleaned up”
“Just go buy a nice rug and put it over it, tell her you thought the place needed brightened up. It will do the trick”

“Hey, that’s not a bad idea, let’s go rug shopping”

No comments:

Post a Comment