Sunday 6 September 2015

Flash Fiction: Said the Spider to the Fly

“What are you doing here?”
“I was just flying around when I got caught up here in your web”
“It’s my web, belongs to me, it is not for strangers, but then again us spiders like it when our food comes to us instead of having to go out and catch it”
“Please don’t eat me, I am not that tasty”
“Of course you are tasty, all flies are tasty”
“But I am not tasty, I taste all mouldy and horrible”
“Let me be the judge of that”
“Nooooo, please”
“Ok, well ok, for the moment anyway. I had a massive lunch so am not that hungry anymore, but you are in my home and you can’t escape. Do you like me web?”
“Yes, it is lovely”
“Why do you think we create webs?”
“Because you need somewhere to live?”
“No, try again”
“Because you want to show people how creative and talented are with your spinning skills?”
“No try again”
“I don’t know. I am just a fly, I am not that smart!”
“It is so we can capture other insects that dare come near us. To snare them into our traps”
“But why?”
“Well, so we can survive”
“Survive?”
“Yes, survive by eating all you lovely flies etc.  Now come here you tasty looking thing”
“Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.  Don’t eat me.  I have children, they will miss their daddy”

“Too late, you are trapped. Ha Ha Ha!”

No comments:

Post a Comment