Monday 1 June 2015

Writing: Ten Word Journal

On Twitter there are lots of different writing prompt accounts to follow to get ideas etc on what to write, either for a story or a poem.

One of these prompts is called TenWordJounnal. They give you a word prompt, and the idea is to write a ten word story around that word. I have been doing some of these, they are challenging to do and a good way to keep the brain ticking.

Here are some of my attempts at this:

Signs
“The signs are there, your eyes are blind to them”

Questions and/or Answers
“Asking too many questions
But not enough answers
Are forthcoming”

Give a little, take a little
“Give a little, take a little – This phrase resembles you”

One-eyed Jack
“One eyed Jack, add more and there’s two-eyed Jack”

Tenacity
“What I love about you?
Your tenacity,
Never give up”

Double Standards
“What I hate about you?
You have double standards,
Untrustworthy”

Guitar
“If you were a guitar, I’d pluck your strings every-day!”

Pawns
“We are all pawns, in the big game of life”

Reasons
“10,000 reasons to love
10,000 excuses not to,
Pick One”

Succumb
What one shall I succumb to?

Galaxy or Diary Milk?


No comments:

Post a Comment