Monday 15 June 2015

Review: Breaking Bad Part 2

After about two months of going on a ‘hiatus’ from ‘Breaking Bad’ and watching other box-sets, I decided to finally get back to it.  I am determined to finish the series. I am now on Season Four, the penultimate one.

In Season Three I was beginning to go off the series due to the lack of nice or interesting characters, and also some of the episodes were really boring and there was no point to them. 

I found all the characters annoying and Walt was really getting n my nerves, he had turned really bad and nasty. 

No after a break I am actually finding the series interesting again.  I still can’t stand Skylar or Walt. They are still horrible people with no morals at all. Not that many of the people in this series have morals!

I liked Jesse in the first couple of seasons but he was going down a strange path in Season Three. Gus (the evil man in charge of the drugs trade and owner of Los Pollos Hermanos, the fast food chicken restaurant) has now taken Jesse under his wing and he is beginning to be a strong character now. And Walt is the weaker of the two now.

This is quite strange, but I am actually warming to Gus! He may be a twisted and mean individual but his story is beginning to flesh out and we are being shown more about him, where he came from and how he came to be a successful businessman. We also find out how he came involved in the drugs market and the involvement of the ‘cartel’.

There is more Spanish being spoken in Season Four.  On Netflix there are no automatic subtitles for when the Spanish is being spoken, so I am enjoying working what is being said.  However, I occasionally have to put the subtitles on to understand some of the dialogue as they speak fast.

I am now interested in seeing how the series finishes.  Want to see what happens to Walt? Does he get found out? At the minute, it seems like his brother in law Hank is starting to get close to the truth of who ‘Heisenberg’ is and who is making all the blue meth being sold on the streets.


All very interesting, one more Season to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment