Tuesday 9 June 2015

Flash Fiction: Tell All!

A woman finds out her best friend has written a ‘tell all’ book that brings her darkest secrets to light. Write a confrontation between the two friends?

“I can’t believe you, I trusted you”
“What are you talking about?”
“You wrote a ‘tell all’ book, WHY?”
“I did not. I have nothing to tell”
“Yes you did. I know it was you who wrote this book”
“That’s not mine, that’s not my name on the book”
“I know it was you. You might have used a false name, but I recognise the stories inside. They are about me and about you”
“You cannot prove it was me”
“Yes I can, I recognise the events which are mentioned in the book”
“They could be about anyone”
“But they aren’t, they are about us. I know you wrote the book and I am angry at you”
“Well if it was me, what are you going to do about it? You can’t prove it”
“Maybe I will write my own. Give my version of the events”
“On you go. I dare you”
“Just tell me why you did it? You that desperate for money? And do you have so many friends you can afford to lose one?”
“Oh give up on this. I know it was you. You could have at least made the names less recognisable.  Everyone will know it me”
“Whatever! I am in it too”
“Ah so you admit it was you?”
“Well……..”
“Even so, you make me out to be some pathetic loser whereas your character is painted as some kind of saint, which you are definitely not!”
“Well I don’t care, it all so funny”
“So will you admit it was you yet?”
“Whatever! You can’t prove it”
“Maybe I can, maybe I can’t. Just you wait and see”

“Oh am shivering in my boots”

No comments:

Post a Comment