Saturday 20 September 2014

Poetic Flow

When I was in high school I started to write poetry, and one and off between 1995 and 2008 I wrote poetry but between 2009 and 2014 no poems flowed out of my brain. However, more recently I have turned back to the poetry and have written a few.

All my times, past and present can be found on another blog, my poetry blog which I set up in 2008. To go to the blog please click here

I used to write poetry as it helped me process thoughts etc and I found it quite therapeutic and have no idea why I stopped writing. But, I am glad I have picked it up again as it is good for the mind, keeps it ticking and it is like therapy - helps me process what is going on inside my head. 

Here is one which I wrote recently to whet your appetite!!

Wonder and Awe

You walk across the room
The confidence in your swagger
The secret in your eye

Everybody wants a piece of you
A word of wisdom to ease the pain
Or a comforting smile amongst the hurt

I look at you in wonder and awe
I wonder about the depth behind you
And am in awe of the power you have

The power your have over others
The way they follow your every move
And yearn to be in your presence

They all want to be your friend
They all want to be someone special
But all you want is me



Jo Anne Kennedy
September 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment