Saturday 20 September 2014

Injection Update

On the 8th August I started on my MS drugs, which is a weekly injection of Avonex. It is hard to believe that I have now injected seven times. I inject on Friday nights at around 9pm then off to bed shortly after that and try to sleep.

The first two weeks I slept the whole night through but since week three I have been finding it hard to sleep, waking up in the night usually with a thumping headache. And Saturdays are usually a bit of a right off as am not really fit for much. I usually get out of bed around 11am and just laze around throughout the morning and usually rest of day  - though I do try and get out at least once throughout the day.

Am hoping that as the week's go on my body will get more used to it and Saturdays will become mine once again - and I can get out and do stuff.

My reactions to the injection have varied from week to week. I have already talked about week one in a previous post so will move onto other weeks. 

Week two (August 15th) was OK - had a bit of an achy body, was very tired throughout the weekend and did not do much, though did manage a trip out to Downhill on the Saturday and came across these wonderful creatures


Week three (August 22nd) was not a great weekend all round. Was really tired, body ached, head banged but the worst of all was my mood - was really not in good shape all weekend - angry and everything annoyed me and was emotional too. Managed to go to church this week which was my first time at West Church since end of June (though had been to other two churches on two of the summer Sundays).

However this was the start of a bad week as it also saw me have a relapse, or what the consultant is now called a Pseudo-relapse due to the Avonex  (more on that in another blog post)

My mood got a better during the week and then we are on to week four (August 29th). The weekend the mood was OK, but was tired and feeling queasy etc but managed to go to a friends house on Saturday afternoon and church on Sunday morning - but the rest of it was spent just resting as head was really quite sore too.

Week five (August 5th) - was OK but not great, head sore and really tired but managed to meet friend for lunch on the Saturday but only managed 40 minutes out and then rest was called for. And again got to church on the Sunday morning. The rest of the week was OK just usual tiredness etc

Week six (August 12th) - a bad weekend - woke up at 6am on Saturday morning with the worst headache ever. Was meant to meet a friend for breakfast but had to cancel on her as was feeling so awful. Spent that day basically lying on sofa watching TV with no energy and sore head and body. on Sunday was OK but very dizzy but went to Church, out for lunch and then had a funeral to go to. During that evening was so tired and the rest of the week did not feel well all week - was so dizzy and had no energy to do much but went to work anyway as don't get paid for sick days.

Week seven (August 19th). The actual injecting of myself has never been bad, just a sharpness when needle hits skin and goes into my leg. But last night on the seventh injection, it was the worst - it really hurt when needle went in, and my leg went into a spasm and got pain up and down the leg and it bled quite a lot  -think I may have hit a wee nerve/artery.

I slept OK but when I woke was quite sore and feeling weak and most of the day been feeling queasy, sore and had a headache. And also quite tired. So that's week seven, lets see how the rest of the week goes and how week eight and onwards go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment