Saturday 20 September 2014

Eight month review

I feel quite blessed that I have been able to see my consultant twice already and am on the 19th September (yesterday) I saw him for the third time. 

I get uptight and nervous before I go to see the  consultant, but this time was nervous because I knew I was going to hear the results of my second MRI which took place on 22nd August. I was hoping that  the lesions which were on my brain had decreased and no new ones had appeared - what was I got to hear?

My neurologist is a lovely guy, very laid back and easy to talk to. He said so you had your MRI done, and I said yes, have you seen it, what is the verdict? He had seen it and this is what he told me..... 

From my second MRI it showed that I have three or four new lesions on my brain, they are small but they are still there. And none of the previous lesions have shrunk, but also not of them have gotten any bigger so that is positive. It is not the news I was wanting to hear and it was hard to hear - felt gunked. 

The other positive thing is that the lesions are just on my brain and none have been found on my spine, which is a great thing. 

I have to have another MRI in a few weeks time to see how things are progressing, Should get used to lying in that machine..... probably the third of many!!

We also discussed my medication and how it was affecting me, he offered to change the medication but we decided that its best to stick with Avonex for a while as it does take a while for your body to get used to it and for it to show any working effects.  We are going to monitor this and re discuss at our next meeting in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment