Sunday 15 June 2014

Why this blog?

 Why this blog? Well on January 14th 2014 I was diagnosed with Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis -  a n neurological condition which affects around 100,000 people in the UK. 

In relapsing remitting MS people have direct attacks of symptoms which then fade away either partially of completely.

I knew nothing about this disease except from what I saw on TV but here I was aged 31 newly diagnosed and having to get my head around the questions which am sure others newly diagnosed have - questions like, 


  • What is MS?
  • What causes MS?
  • How will MS effect my life?
  • Can I still work?
  • Will my symptoms disappear?
  • How do you know when you are having a relapse?

I remember walking out of the Neurologists office scared, confused and even relieved. Relieved that I now knew why my vision was double, why I kept dropping things, why I was so tired all the time etc.

I felt alone, yes I had friends and family but I did not have anyone who understand the illness, its like you get diagnosed and then left to fend for yourself. So I am writing this blog to share my experiences, thoughts etc and hope it helps others newly diagnosed.. 






No comments:

Post a Comment