Sunday 29 June 2014

Blobs on the Brain!!

Sunday 22nd December - amazingly I slept through the night, its good what ear plugs and pain drugs can do for you. 

So here I was in hospital, my first hospital stay, not knowing what to expect. I had more obs done, was given more drugs and breakfast came - porridge (which was absolutely disgusting) toast and tea. 

Visiting hours were not until the afternoon so had morning to lie in bed and think, sleep, pray and listen to music oh and reply to texts as people were wanting to know how I was. 

I was told the doctor would come and assess me and she arrived and asked me to tell her what was wrong with me (again!) and then had to do more balance tests. She came to the conclusion I was sick and she did not think it was a migraine but the CT would tell them more. So after half hour of waiting I was whisked off to get my brain scanned. And I can not confirm I DO have a brain for all you non-believers! 

After CT, went back to lying on my bed. There I was lying on my bed, not being able to see well or walk well and was scared that there was something seriously wrong with me, but despite that I felt a peace surround me especially around 10.45am.... Mum was texting me seeing if I was OK and I told her not to worry people were praying for me. And I asked my friend later that afternoon were you guys praying for me in church around 10.45 and she said yes. Its amazing how pray works. I had a peace I was being looked after. 

Lunchtime came around - vegetable soup - and it was nothing compared to my Mum's vegetable soup. Think you really appreciate home cooked food after experiencing hospital food. Where is James Martin when you want him?

Visiting time came and I was excited about seeing people. My Mum and Dad came, my friend Phyllis and even my Uncle George popped by on his way from doing pastoral visits. It was nice to see them and sad to see them go. I was meant to be reading at the Carol Service that night but couldn't due to being in hospital - I was disappointed. I told Phyllis I would do a video link up from hospital bed but she kindly reminded me I could not see very well. I tried to say the verse from memory but ended up mixing two together!! 

My visitors left me at 5pm and 20 minutes later the doctor came to tell me the results of my CT. He said, I am sorry but we can't let you go home tonight. I asked him why and he said. we have seen your CT and you have shadows/blobs on your brain. I asked him what was wrong and he said they did not know. Being the ever optimist I said is it a brain tumour and his reply was that they couldn't rule it out. I was very emotional and scared.

The doctor left and I cried. I needed to talk to someone, so I rang my friend and told her and she was shocked... the last thing she said to me was, we need that CT to be clear. And it wasn't clear. I think she was upset at my news and said to me, I can't come visit I have to go to church. I reassured her it was OK, I just needed to calm myself down before rang my parents as did not want to me a blubbering wreck on the phone with them.

So next phone call - my parents - not a good phone call, went quiet at their end. It was hard for us all, but I knew they would be back at visiting time. 

Visiting time came and back came my parents, a very sober visit this time. But at least we knew it was not a migraine - oh how I would love to meet those two doctors again for giving me the wrong diagnosis. 

The peace I felt in the morning was still with me, but I still went to bed that night feeling a bit low and emotional and scared. What was to come the next day? 


No comments:

Post a Comment