Monday 16 June 2014

Why More Special?

I have named this blog More Special, and am sure you are wondering why, what has that got to do with MS?

As you know MS stands for Multiple Sclerosis, but having read tweets, blogs etc I have come across a few other names for the chronic illness using the initials MS, given by people who have been diagnosed with the illness. Examples are:

MonSter - because it is a monster which comes in to try and take over your life

More Sh!t - because it is a very annoying painful illness to have

More Scars: due to scars being left on the brain due to the myelin being attacked, the term multiple sclerosis literally means, many scars.

But to me those are negative ways of looking at the illness, and I have been challenged to look to the positive side of life more, so have renamed MS - More Special... not that am saying I am more special than anyone else, as I am not, it just helps me cope with life and MS better.

However this is what I and am sure all with MS really want the initials MS to stand for:


No comments:

Post a Comment