Sunday 4 December 2016

MS: Giving thanks in a relapse

A few weeks ago I was in the middle of an MS relapse and I wrote a few thoughts done but never actually got around to posting it on the blog as I have been very lax with the blog recently.

Anyway during the relapse I was feeling very low and my mind was going down routes which I did not life, so I decided that the best thing to do was to be thankful. I made a list of things that I was thankful for starting from the beginning of my relapse which was on the 4th October and lasted about a month. During the relapse I had to walk using a stick for part of it as the feeling in my right hand side had decreased and my balance was shot too.

So here is what I was thankful for:

Family
Church
A walking stick to help me walk
God
Doctors
Medication to help me
Lifts in cars
People sitting with me in Church while others stood up to sing
My camera
Harvest
Reflexology
Work - though it has been tough and I had to decrease my hours from 30 to 16.
MS Quiz Night
Friends
Bed
Rest
Fresh Air
TV / Netflix
Prayer
My Kindle
Books
The Bible
Tea
Toast - for some reason I had a craving for Toast during the worst week of the relapse
Chocolate
Music
Facebook / Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment