Monday 12 December 2016

Book Review: The Anxious Christian by Rhett Smith

Can God use your anxiety for good?

I suffer from anxiety and have been told by some people that anxiety if ‘un-Christian’ - however on reading Rhett Smith’s book I realise what I knew all along – they are wrong.  It is ok to be a Christian and be anxious.

In the Anxious Christian, Rhett Smith tells his personal story of living with anxiety and through this and using biblical thinking, Rhett argues that, rather than being destructive or shameful, anxiety can be a catalyst for our spiritual growth.

I learnt a lot from reading this book – ways to deal with my anxiety in the different areas of my life e.g. work and relationships. I learnt to not worry about having anxiety but being ok with it and not letting the anxiety rule my life in a destructive way.  I learnt that the best thing to do is give my anxiety to God and ask Him to use it for His greater good.


I thoroughly recommend this book to anyone suffering from anxiety and to anyone who knows someone who suffers from anxiety. It is very well written and has lots of good sound personal and biblical advice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment