Saturday 6 December 2014

Flown the Nest

I have flown the nest (again), after nearly two years of living with the parents, I am now independent again and living on my own. This is the first time I have lived on my own in 32 years as have always lived with either family or flatmates.

The past two months have been focused on getting the flat ready, parents painting and decorating and me buying furniture and other wee things that one needs for a first house. It has turned out pretty nice actually and its my wee pad. Anyone who wants to visit can come visit me and there is even a spare bed if you need it.

I have been in the flat for a week now  - started off with just a chair for me to sit in, then the see-tees arrived and next week sees the arrival of the table and chairs. Bed here to, so have somewhere to sleep  - oh and most important thing is set up  -the tv and broadband!! Its sad how we are reliant on internet now, but its a useful thing to have, so in times of feeling down I can play Candy Crush Saga!!! 

The first week has been good, its peaceful here, which is good, no ambulances or no barking dogs like I had in London and Peru. It is hard getting used to living on my own and no one to talk to at times. And learning to cook again for one person, getting the portions right etc. 

I am looking forward to having more people here, entertaining etc and just having my own wee home. I am now a grown up!!


No comments:

Post a Comment