Monday 15 December 2014

15th December - a year on

I am now approaching some anniversaries!! (if you call them that, as not much for celebration) in my life, and the first is today 15th December.

Last year the 15th December was a Sunday and it was when I first became sick (ok, so was carrying this illness around with me for years, but this is when it decided to come and say hello!!). 

I woke up in the morning with a headache but still went to Church which was the kids Christmas service. My head got worse during the service and afterwards I got  frustrated with a friend and stormed off into my car and went home like a bear with a sore head.

During the afternoon I started to feel worse, all achey, headache got worse, queasy and at night became dizzy. Thought my Vertigo was coming back. The worse thing for me was the next day I was due to start a new job and I didn't feel like going as was ill. Anyway went to bed for some rest.

Next day got up and was still feeling awful but went to my first day of work in Ballymoney which is a half hour drive from Broughshane. Was ok throughout the day, nervous and not sure of what I was doing. Still had headache but dizziness and queasiness were at bay.  They all came back at night. 

Next day, Tuesday went back to work, started to learn the job and was feeling the same, queasy, sick etc. Didn't help much that the next day my Dad was getting some important results due to his health, so was worried about him. And new job jitters did not help.

On the way home that night I nearly took my car off the road, was driving down the Frosses (long road) and two lanes of traffic, one going up, the other going down!! A driver decided to overtake me with traffic beside me and I did not hit the brakes quick enough and nearly went off the road! Now I realise that this was because my reactions were slower due to the MS! 

My eye sight had been affected as well, but it got worse on Tuesday  night with blurred and double vision all weird. On Wednesday I drove to work with the sight problems, and during the day started to feel worse, really dizzy and queasy and said to my work colleagues, I think I have vertigo.

Later that night it all continued to get worse. I have blogged about all this before in June, so you can go back and read those blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment