Monday 15 December 2014

15th December - reflections

So the last post recapped the events of 15th December 2013 when my MS decided it was time to announce itself to me and get me to acknowledge it. Now we are a year on 15th December 2014 - a whole year has gone, and as a friend yesterday, 'that seems a very short year'.

I agree. It only seems like yesterday that all these issues started, but it was a year ago and a lot has happened in that year. I have worked consistently since January (with a couple of breaks), have had fun, been on trips away, taken a lot of pain medication (all prescribed), and much more,

But what have I learnt?


  • Well now I know what MS is, not really having know much about it before except what was portrayed in the media. 
  • I know that life doesn't go as you planned it to you
  • MS affects more that just me, it affects my friends and family as well
  • I have a very supportive Church
  • God is always beside me
  • Some people walk away 
  • However, others come to walk alongside you
  • God has provided me with great friends
  • God has provided me with work
  • Relapses happen
  • New symptoms appear
  • I actually like having MRI's - its peaceful!! 
  • Injecting yourself isn't too bad
  • The Twittersphere is a great support for MS friends
  • Life goes on
  • Rest is important
  • Pray works
And lots more am sure, but memory is struggling.

What's the most frustrating thing about having MS?

Well for me the most frustrating thing is the lack of concentration and the fatigue has meant that my love of reading has faded. I am a reader, I love reading, it helps me, takes me to another place but since January have found it hard reading. One reason was because y eye sight was not great as well. But it takes me ages to read a book and I have not read anything in about two weeks - that is not like me. 

I would rather sit and watch DVD's and play Candy Crush Saga as they require little concentration. Need something else that is useful to help build up my concentration - I miss reading. But I will persevere with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment