Sunday 28 December 2014

A Christmas Eve appointment

Two months ago I received an appointment letter to see my Neurologist on the 24th December - a lovely treat for Christmas Eve. Better than last Christmas Eve when I was in hospital not knowing what was wrong with me or if I would get out for Christmas Day.

I was a wee bit dreading this appointment as I knew I was going to find out the results from my last MRI.  My first MRI saw loads of lesions, my second MRI saw four more new lesions and no lesions having decreased - so I was hoping and praying that the third MRI of 2014 showed no new lesions, and also that some of the current lesions had decreased. So I was a wee bit scared of going to see my neuro and hear what he said.

Thankfully it wasn't bad news, but then again it wasn't overly great news but am content and happy enough. Thankfully there are no more new lesions, however, none of the current lesions have decreased - it is the same as it was after the second MRI. So as the neuro said my MS is stable. That is something to be thankful for and hopefully the Avonex drug worked and lesions have decreased. Not sure when my next MRI will be to see the results of the drug.

Just in case you ever wanted to see what the inside of my brain look like, here is a photo - but unfortunately its not my brain:


No comments:

Post a Comment