Wednesday 8 December 2021

Literature: November 2021 Books

It is a new year, it's 2021, we are now out of lockdown, but I am still finding time to read.

As I managed 152 books in 2020, I thought I would up the ante and go for 155 in 2021. Between January and October, I was able to read 132 books and now November has ended I am up to 144 as I managed to read 12 books this month.

So what 12 books have I read?

Children

  • The Boy at the Back of the Class by Ohaki Q. Rauf

Christian

  • Hosea: An Introduction by Charles Morris
  • Crazy Busy by Kevin DeYoung

Non-Fiction

  • Why I’m No Longer Talking About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge

Biography

  • Not That Kind of Love by Claire & Greg Wise

Fiction

  • Bonfires & Hot Chocolate at the Little Duck Pond Café by Rosie Green
  • A Winter Wedding at the Little Duck Pond Café by Rosie Green
  • Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Café by Rosie Green
  • Logfires and Toffee Apples at the Little Duck Pond Café by Rosie Green

Crime

  • Ask No Questions by Claire Allan

Recommended Books

After watching Greg Wise strut his stuff on Strictly Come Dancing I decided to read Not That Kind of Love which was a memoir of Greg’s sister Claire and her battle against cancer. After her initial diagnosis, Claire started writing a blog to update her family and friends on her progress and when she was unable to continue writing, Greg took over. I listened to this as an audiobook and as Claire has sadly passed away her parts were read by her friend while Greg read his section, This was a very sad book and you could not help feeling for Greg while he read about his sister and her battle with cancer. It is a book mixed with humour whilst battling a terrible disease with treatments, drugs, and surgery. It is also a book about love and family. A highly recommended read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment