Wednesday 8 December 2021

Literature: October 2021 Books

 October Books

It is a new year, it's 2021, we are now out of lockdown, but I am still finding time to read.

As I managed 152 books in 2020, I thought I would up the ante and go for 155 in 2021. Between January and September, I was able to read 117  books and now October has ended I am up to 132 as I read 15 books this month – seem to have got my reading mojo back. Also, I was on holiday so had more time to relax and read books. Now I have another 23 books to read more at the end of the year and reach my target.

So what 15 books have I read this month?

Short Stories

  • Amok by Stefan Zweig
  • Down on One Knead by Cressida McLaughlin
  • Two Tarts Beat as One by Cressida McLaughlin
  • You May now Eat the Cake by Cressida McLaughlin
  • Breaded Bliss by Cressida McLaughlin
  • Mr. Salary by Sally Rooney

Fiction

  • Spring the Little Duck Pond Café by Rosie Green
  • Summer at the Little Duck Pond Café by Rosie Green
  • Christmas at the Little Duck Pond Café by Rosie Green
  • Snowed in at the Little Duck Pond Café by Rosie Green
  • A Bakery at the Little Duck Pond Café by Rosie Green
  • Confetti at the Little Duck Pond Café by Rosie Green
  • The Foundling by Stacey Halls
  • It is Wood, It is Stone by Gabriella Burnham

Thriller

  • Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick

Multiple Arcs

The four books by Cressida McLaughlin are all from the Cornish Cream Tea Wedding which is Book 4 in the Cornish Cream Tea series. I did not realise when I read these four parts that they formed one book. I did not realise this was book four in the series and may be tempted to go and read the other ones.

And you may have guessed that another series which I have been reading is the Little Duck Pond Café series by Rosie Green. After reading the first one I realised that there are 20 books in this series, so have a few more to read. They are not great works of literature, but they are very entertaining reads – my one qualm with them is that they make out that the only thing a girl ever wants is a man, which is not true.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment