Saturday 29 February 2020

Literature: January Books



Instead of writing individual reviews for all the books I have read, I am just going to condense them into what I have read each month.

In 2019 I managed to read 138 books and was struggling to decide what my target should be for the Goodreads 2020 challenge so I went with 60, but I may review this in the first couple of months.

In January I managed to read 12 books, so if I stick with 60 books that means I need to read 48 more, but that may change if I up my target.

I love reading across genres and am going to list the books by genre:

Crime
Controlled Explosions by Claire McGovern
Hidden River by Adrian McKinty

Psychological Fiction
The Friend: Dorothy Koomson

Graphic Novel
The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charles Mackesy

Autobiography
May I have your Attention Please? by James Corden
This is going to hurt by Adam Kay

Christian
Integral Mission by Melba
Release from Despair by James McClelland
Disability and the Gospel by Michael S Beates

Fiction
A Perfect Cornish Christmas by Philippa Ashley
Grief comes with Feathers by Max Porter

Young Adult
The Rule of One by Ashley Saunders                          

The best book I read in January has to be “The Boy, The Mole, The Fox, and The Horse” by Charles Mackesy. Wow, what a book – the pictures are amazing and the story tore at my heartstrings. The book follows the adventure of the boy who is lonely, the mole who just wants to eat cake, the fox who is silent and wary because he has been hurt by life and the horse who is gentle and wise. They are four different characters, like us who all have their own weaknesses but together they take the adventure together. It is an excellent story of friendship. The next day I was raving about it and told everyone I met about it – still do.  I think every household should have this book and should be read by people of all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment