Saturday 29 February 2020

Literature: February Books


Instead of writing individual reviews for all the books I have read, I am just going to condense them into what I have read each month.

In January I set myself the target of reading 60 books which I said I would review within the first couple of months with the view of raising the target depending on how I was getting on with reading, as sometimes I can go through phases where I just can’t concentrate on reading.

In January I managed to read 12 books and now at the end of February I managed 12 books, bringing the total to 24. This means if I stick with 60 books then I need to read 36 more – and if I keep reading 12 books a month then I will have read 60 by the end of May. And then what do I do?  Stop reading? Heck no!

I am going to review my target in the middle of March depending on how I get on book-wise.

So what have I read in February?  Here goes:

Romance
One Day in December by Josie Silver

Short Story
Exquisite Corpse by Stella Duffy

Thriller
The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

Children’s
Boom by Mark Haddon
The Dare by John Boyne

Christian
In the Grip of Grace by Max Lucado

Fiction
Roar by Cecilia Ahern
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood

Crime
Tonight you’re dead by Viveca Sten
The Patient Man by Joy Ellis

Young Adult
The Watchers of Eden by T.C Edge      
                        
Non-Fiction
Prisoners of Geography by Tim Marshall

The book that really stood out to me this month is “The Silent Patient” by Alex Michaelides – wow at the end of this I was like wow, I never saw that coming – what a ride that book was, really kept you thinking and wondering if the killer really was the killer. I would recommend everyone read it, it is a great read.

I read Margaret Attwood’s “The Handmaid’s Tale” because I had watched the series on Channel 4, but I was really disappointed in the book and preferred the TV series – which is not normal as it is usually the book is better than the film/tv adaptation, but this was not the case of this book. It may be because the series is quite different from the book and has actually gone far beyond the book in the storyline and it keeps you on the edge of your seat more with the action than the novel does.

No comments:

Post a Comment