Saturday 29 February 2020

Literature: December Books



Instead of writing individual reviews for all the books I have read, I am just going to condense them into what I have read each month.

At the beginning of 2019, I set myself the task on Goodreads to read 120 books this year, which means I need to read about 2 a week. Between January and October, I managed to read 123 books which meant that I reached my target of reading 120 books in the year! And in November I managed to read 5, which brought me up to 128. So what is my total book count at the end of the year?

Well in December I managed to read 10 books so at the end of 2019, I have read 138 books. Good going I reckon. The most books I have ever read in a year.

So here are the December books listed in genre order.

Young Adults
Looking for Alaska by John Green
13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Children’s
Harry Potter & the Cursed Child by J.K Rowling

Crime / Thriller
Death is a Welcome Guest by Louise Welsh
Verona by Jeffrey Deaver
Imposter by L.J Ross
Ryan’s Christmas by L.J Ross

Fiction
The Library of Lost & Found by Phaedra Patrick

Science Fiction
You have arrived at your Destination by Amor Towles
The Last Conversation by Paul Tremblay

One Sunday morning I was feeling lazy and stayed in bed and started to read Harry Potter & the Cursed Child and two hours later I had it finished.  This is the transcript of the play that is in London’s West End. It was a lovely story that focused on the children of Harry, Ron, and Hermione – the main protagonists of the original Harry Potter series.

After watching Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why television series, I decided that I would read the novel it was based on, which I had found in a local charity shop.  However, it was such a frustrating book to read but that was mainly because whoever put it in the charity shop had torn out pages of the book, which meant that if I had not had already watched the TV series, it would have been a difficult story to follow. Like who would do that to a book – and then have the audacity to take it to a charity shop to be sold on!! After I read it, I put it into the recycling bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment